Saturday, March 6, 2010

Failed

I am not a runner. I drove to the school and there was practice down on the track field, so I came home and decided to run through the neighborhood. It's a little hilly but I thought, how bad could it be. Well besides being hilly, it is really cold. I figured since I would be running, that it would be OK. Wrong on all accounts, it was really cold. By the time I finished the warm up walk, my legs were so cold they were numb. But I pushed on, I began to run. As soon as I started to run, it just so happen to be a hill to run up. I could barely do it. My shins hurt, my chest hurt from the cold air and my lungs were burning. I had to stop, I tried to just walk but my lungs were burning so bad and my ears were hurting from the cold air. I just wanted to cry, so i called my husband to come get me. I am still trying to warm up as I type this. My chest feels better, but my ears still hurt. It may be a while before I try to run outside again. I will do my treadmill later today though.

No comments: