Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Marathon? 5k, maybe

I have been pretty consistent with my treadmill since I have decided to go for the marathon. I have found a new regimen to follow to get ready for the 5k. It says from the couch to 5k in 2 months, so we will see. Since starting it, I have actually run on my treadmill. I have never done that before. So I guess next will be buying a real pair of running shoes!! I also have been doing some research on elliptical's. I really would like to mix it up a bit. The treadmill gets a bit monotonous. I hope to purchase one with the next month. I don't know enough about them yet to just buy one. So far my weight has not really gone down much since Thanksgiving. But the good new is, that I have not really gained any either. I will continue to work out regularly and hopefully as I see results, it will encourage me to eat a little better. I do okay most days during the day, it's my dinners that could use some help. But now that I have a goal, I know that I can do this. Mickey has not really been supportive at all, but maybe after he see's how much I want this, he'll come around.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi there - this is Laura from MckMama's car seat blog post. Thank you for keeping your daughter in a booster until she fits the belt alone. Please also know that she may fit the belt in one vehicle but not in another, so it is always important to check for belt fit for every vehicle she rides in. If you have any follow up questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me at laura @ kyledavidmiller . org