Monday, August 31, 2009

It's official - Week 1 Day 1

I am a c25k'er!!!! I did my first workout this morning. After how my night last night was going, I wasn't sure I would be up for it, but I persevered. Last night it felt like I was coming down with something and felt just plain awful, and 6am sure did come early today. But I got up and started walking ( despite the irritated looks I got from my husband for being up so early and using the treadmill. I guess he thought it would wake our youngest daughter up, but it didn't). At first I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get through the whole workout, but I had downloaded the running plan on my iPhone yesterday and I love it. It's the Couch to 5k app ( I think it was $1.99, but well worth it). With this app, you can listen to your ipod and there is a voice that tells when to run, walk, and cool down. It was actually enjoyable. The first 2 run cycles were hard, but after that, It got easier and I was able to increase the speed a little on the runs. I weighed my self yesterday and the scale said 164, before I got in the shower today, I thought I would just double check my weight since I knew I was going to post my stats. Well today the scale reads 160. I know I didn't loose 4 lbs overnight, besides I 'm not a weight addict. I go by how I look, feel and how my clothes fit, so it's just for guidelines for me anyway. I am only going to be checking my weight weekly anyway, so it's a place to start!!

Stats:
time - 30mins
distance - 1.59 miles
walking spd - 3
running spd - 4 - 4.2
wt - 160-164

No comments: