Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wake up call

It's been obvious that I have not been running. There have been no posts. I could make up a million excuses for why I didn't, but the truth is, I just didn't want to. I really don't enjoy running, but I was getting better at it. When I say better, I mean the runs were becoming easier for me in terms of breathing through them. I knew I couldn't pick up where I left off 2 weeks ago, so I thought I would do pre-programed run on the treadmill. One I have done many, many times before. Only 20 mins. But I didn't make it all the way through. I gave up. My chest started to get tight and it was hard to breath. While I was running 20 mins straight on my last week of C25K, it was all with no incline. The program had me doing inclines and I just couldn't handle it. I will try again tonight to do a program with inclines. I think ultimately it will be good for me. But boy do you realize how quickly you loose that endurance of you stop. So when I do get back on track and finish this, what am I going to do to keep it up? I need a plan.

1 comment:

FatManRunning said...

Thanks for the cautionary tale. I'm just about to finish the C25K program, and I've toyed with the idea of taking a week off. I guess I had better not try it...