Thursday, October 1, 2009

Week 5 Day 2

After much thought, I finally made myself run tonight. I am so glad I did. It feels great to have made it this far. I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to run the full 8 mins, but I did. What may have helped is that during the the last 3 mins or so I was helping my daughter with her spelling homework. I read her her words while she wrote them in the book. When the 8 mins were up, I was surprised but glad. So when the next 8 min run came up, I knew I could do it. Although this one seemed much longer, probably because it was just me and my ipod. I really need to create a playlist with good running songs, things that are upbeat. That really makes a lot of difference in how long the runs feel. I am a bit nervous about running for a full 20 mins. I will probably put that off until Sat and get back on my regular sched on Mon. Now it is time for me to rest, since my legs are burning. I am so proud of myself tonight!!!

No comments: