Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week 5 Day 3

I can hardly believe I am saying this but, I DID IT!!!!! I ran for 20 mins!!!! I am so proud of myself. I wasn't sure I would get my run in today. We have been so busy. We got up early and took the kids to the museum. The Disney Christmas Carole train was here. We had a really good time walking around and looking/touching the old trains. When we got home, I still had all the cleaning to do, vacuum, dust, straighten, clean the bathrooms, kitchen, etc. It was after 6pm by the time I got all done. After relaxing for a bit, I decided it was now or never. Instead of listening to my iPod, I got my laptop and put it in front of the treadmill. I put a King of Queens DVD in and started my program. Needless to say. The show helped immensely. The time went by and I was able to run the whole time. The first few minutes were rough and I had my doubts but then it got easier. The last few minutes were rough too and I was certainly glad when they were done. Now I will be able to get back to my M-W-F sched nest week. We go back to run/walk intervals on Mon. I defiantly like those better. But at least I know now that I can do it.

Still no luck in getting my husband to run. I'll keep suggesting it though.

No comments: