Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today has been a good day. The turkey was moist, the trimmings tasty and the best part is, I didn't have to cook any of it. We spent the day at my MIL's with Mickey's family. It seems to be getting smaller every year. But it's still nice to see family you haven't seen in a while. Last night we made pies for today. Cinderella made the pumpkin pies, she ended up with 4 pies. There are still 2 in my refrigerator now. Tinkerbell made an apple pie. They all were delicious. I should be walking on my treadmill doubly long today, but I'm just not in the mood. There's always tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, it's Black Friday. After looking through all the ads tonight, I don't think there is really anything worth sending Mickey out to get. There is no way i could ever go shopping with that crowd. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it, but I have a pretty bad anxiety and panic disorder, I would never survive. So like last year, I will look on line and order any good deals that I can find. Last year i found quite a few things. This year I know to start looking tonight!!

Mickey has already started to decorate for Christmas. In fact he started Mon night after the princesses got home. I refused to help until after Thanksgiving, I just think it was too early. So far we have a tree in our living room window, lighted garland up the stairs, decorated trees in each of the girls rooms, and little lighted topiary trees (3 throughout the house). Tomorrow will be a big day of decorating, First we will have to straighten up the house to make room for all the decorations. I can't wait. I love the Christmas holiday, with all the decorations and just the overall feeling of goodwill it brings out in others. The holidays can be especially hard for me at work, as I know that not all of our patients will make it through the holidays, or that this may well be their last holiday with family and friends. It's never gets easier, even though I've been doing this for 12 yrs now. I guess it just really makes you appreciate your health, family and friends even more.

No comments: