Thursday, November 20, 2008

My new hair-do

I had been wondering all day if I would really be getting my haircut today or not. My hair was getting long again. Well, my sister called and was really going to be doing it tonight. I was so excited, I didn't even really eat dinner when I got home. Mickey insisted i eat and handed me a bowl of pasta on my way out the door. It was really hard trying to drive down the street to her house while eating at the same time. I wasn't able to get the exact cut I wanted, because my hair if very thin and has no body. So I ended up getting my hair cut like Jenny McCarthy's. I like it, it's very cute. I also got some highlights too. I think Mickey likes it, he doesn't really care too much what my hair looks like. Now I just hope I am able to do it myself in the morning.

Mickey had been a little grumpy today. I'm not really sure why. He had to pick Cinderella up from drama club after he got off work today, and she wasn't ready because they were having a pizza party. When I called him, he was so annoyed he had to wait because he still had to go the grocery store and buy something to make for dinner and pick Tinkerbell up too. I told him to relax and asked if he just wanted me to bring something home but her said no. Sometimes, I think he just like to be grumpy. The kids have off school all of next week for the holiday, so hopefully that will make things a little less stressful for him. I swear he's going to give himself a stroke sometimes over nothing.

While getting my haircut, my sister was asking if I was interested in going on a Disney cruise next summer. Of course I said yes right away. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. Ever since the kids saw Titanic, they are not so much on board with the idea. But they will come around once we are on the ship. So I just told Mickey about it and he wasn't at happy about as me. He is still Disney'ed out. We went for 3 yrs in a row. but it will be 1 whole year since we went in 2 more weeks. I am ready to go back. It truly is the happiest place on earth for me. I can let all my fears and anxieties just disappear while I'm there. That and I love the weather, the hotter the better. So I will be starting my Cruise fund this weekend, with or with out Mickey.

I also was able to go 1.15 miles on the treadmill in 25 mins. I did a routine where every min you adjust the speed and incline. So it was like going up a hill then back down. It was pretty tough, but I really, really need to loose this weight, so I am committed to this.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

Hello! I come here from MCK's blog :) I was all excited to see CInderella's castle as your icon and I'm a Disney nut so I had to visit! Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip for this year (we would have been there a week from today *waaah*) because of finances but I'm planning to go in May with just my daughter and my little sister. I know what you mean about Disney being your happy place because I feel exactly the same way. I hope when I grow up I can live there and be a photopass photographer to support myself.

Speaking of photography...I'm a hobby amateur photographer so I know the importance of upgrading cameras :) I recommend the Cannon XSI (even though I have an Olympus). It's a great camera and then you should get the 50mm f/1.8 (great for macro & portraits and it's CHEAP).

It's nice to "meet" you :)