Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 5 Day 1

What a way to start the week. Good thing I didn't look at the program for the whole week or I may not have made it through today's workout. I have to say it was hard getting up when the kids didn't have to get up and go to school. But I dragged my butt out of bed and did it. The 5 min runs were not bad at all. I'm not sure if it was because I finally brought the fan up and put it by the treadmill or not,but it felt great to not be all sweaty. This weeks programs will either make me or break me as a runner as by Day 3 this week I will be running for 20 mins. Not looking forward to that at all!! On a positive note, while I have not seemed to have lost any weight, my clothes seem to be looser and my husband told me I feel smaller when he put his arms around me this weekend. All inspiration to continue running. Another good thing was how much energy I had this weekend while cleaning and helping my husband out in the yard. I didn't need to stop once for a breather while moving the shed and reassembling it, granted he did most of the work, but before I would have had to stop a second. Yea me!!

I have been having some problems with my left foot recently. I'm concerned about stress fractures. I broke my L foot 2 years ago. It took over 3 months (because I continued to complain of pain) before they confirmed, with a MRI, it was broke. I haven't had any real problems with it. Sometimes it aches in the winter when it's cold, but nothing serious. But lately I have been having some pain in that foot when I walk. Sometimes now my whole L leg hurts, not sure if related to my foot or not. So for now I will continue to take it easy on my days off from running and hopefully will be able to get some real running shoes soon. That may help.

No comments: